Garden Route Botanical Garden Trust is to establish and maintain the Botanical Garden for education, research, conservation and recreational purposes.
The Garden Route Botanical Garden Trust is an independent, non-profit organisation. Its mission is to establish and maintain the indigenous Garden Route Botanical Garden and the Moriarty Environmental Centre – for education, research, conservation and recreational purposes.
What will you see at the Garden Route Botanical Garden
- A young and developing botanical garden, started in 1997 by a caring and committed group of volunteer enthusiasts concerned about the diminishing indigenous flora.
- Magnificent views of George and Cradock Peaks.
- Indigenous trees and pioneer forest.
- Mountain fynbos with Ericas, Proteas and Restios. Succulents of the Karoo.
- A wide variety of insects, birds and small animals will reward patience and quiet.
- Many flowering plants from the Garden Route and inland Southern Cape, many of which area rarely seen.
A variety of exciting botanical & environmentally resources, courses & events are offered. Guided tours of the herbarium and garden can be booked.