Berluda Farmhouse and Cottages
Berluda Farmhouse and Cottages is located in the Schoemanshoek Valley, halfway between Oudthoorn and the Cango Caves. Berluda is only 14km from Oudtshoorn. If you are looking for peace and quiet in a beautiful country setting, with fine touches in hospitality, you need to look no further.
Oudthoorn Guest House and Self Catering Accommodation
Berluda offers accommodation in 7 en-suite bedrooms and 8 self catering cottages. The intimate guest house and self-catering family experience in the Oudthoorn district.
Oudtshoorn Guest House
The 7 en-suite guest house rooms are in the original Farmhouse on Berluda near Oudtshoorn and each offers air-conditioning and coffee/tea/sherry tray. Modern bathrooms are all equipped with Jacuzzi bath, double basins and separate shower and toilet. The rooms are surrounded by apricot orchards amidst lush gardens with swimming pool. No children under 12 in the farmhouse.
Self Catering Cottages in Oudtshoorn
The eight self-catering cottages, offers peace and tranquility in beautiful Oudtshoorn surroundings, each with private braai and Jacuzzi. Also with swimming pool and childrens’ playground. Berluda is a must for bird watchers and hikers.
Tours on a Working Ostrich Farm in Oudtshoorn
Piet Schoeman runs one of the largest working ostrich farms in the Oudtshoorn area, and was elected the Western Cape’s “Young Farmer of the year 2006”. His wife Laura gives tours in English, Afrikaans, German and Dutch.
GUEST HOUSE ROOMS
- Room 1- Honeymoon room with queen size bed and private patio overlooking swimming pool and lush garden.
- Room 2 – Luxury room with twin beds.
- Room 3 – Beautiful Victorian room with twin beds and private patio overlooking garden.
- Room 4 – Spacious light room with antique interior, twin beds and private patio overlooking garden.
- Room 5 – Lovely, cosy room with twin beds and private patio overlooking garden.
- Room 6 – Spacious black and white decorated room with twin beds and private patio overlooking garden and mountains.
- Room 7 –Garden cottage with fully equipped kitchen, private braai facilities and king size beds. Fireplace for cold winter evenings.
- Cottage 1 – Original farmstead with 2 bedrooms (1 double bed, 2 single beds) and bathroom. Fully equipped kitchen with fireplace and TV. Patio with stunning views. Private braai facilities. Swimming pool nearby
- Cottage 2 – Honeymoon cottage with queen bed, En suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower and toilet. Fully equipped kitchen. TV in room. Swimming pool nearby.
- Cottage 3 – Cottage with private patio and braai facilities and stunning view. Two bedrooms (1 double bed, 2 single beds) and one bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate toilet and shower. Fully equipped kitchen with TV in lounge. Lovely view of the mountains. Swimming pool nearby.
- Cottage 4 – Cottage with private patio, braai facilities and stunning views. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms, ideal for families. One bathroom with bath and shower, one with shower and toilet only. Fully equipped kitchen and TV in lounge. Swimming pool nearby.
- Cottage 5 – Cottage with wooden floors and antique interior. Bedroom 1 has a double bed and en suite bathroom with shower, toilet and Jacuzzi bath. Bedroom 2 has 2 single beds with en suite shower and toilet. Fully equipped kitchen and TV, as well as private patio and braai facilities. Lovely view. Near swimming pool. Ideal for families.
- Cottage 6 – Private and close to nature. Cottage with wooden floors and cosy interior. Stunning views from private patio with braai facilities. Ideal for couples. Two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, each with Jacuzzi bath, separate toilet and shower. TV and fully equipped kitchen. Swimming pool nearby.
- Cottage 7 and 8 – Latest additions: luxury cottages with 2 large bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, each with Jacuzzi, large shower, separate toilet and double basins. Fully equipped kitchen, private braai facilities, DSTV and luxury interior. No children under 12.
- B&B – From R395 to R625 per person sharing per night
- Self catering – From R325 to R545 per person sharing per night
- Valid until end of 2012, Rates subject to availability and change.